Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall Cleaning

Today is Fall Cleaning Day! Well, it is supposed to reach 33 C here today, so it doesn't really feel like fall quite yet, but in my mind it is coming! I will be giving the house a good scrub over, and I thought I would share my recipes for cleaners that I use.





Floor Cleaner- can be used on any hard surface

Half of a kitchen sink (or 3/4 if you have a large amount of floors to clean) full of hot water
1/4 cup-1/2 cup borax
4 tbsp. white vinegar
3-5 drops desired essential oil (I use lemon or orange)

Bathroom and Kitchen Counter Scrub


2 tbsp. baking soda
1 drop essential oil (tea tree is the best for the bathroom as it is antibacterial)
enough water to make a moist paste

Mix these all together and watch soap scum and baked on food wash away!

Carpet Stain Remover


small bowl of hot water
1 squirt natural dishwashing liquid
1 tbsp. white vinegar

Use a stiff bristle brush and this cleaner to scrub away stains on the carpet (or also known as in my house, cat vomit-blech)

As you can see, none of these recipes are exact. They are, however, cheap and easy to make and all of the ingredients can usually be found in your pantry! So next time you go to buy that expensive cleaner from the store, think about making it and see how you like it!

Happy Cleaning!

Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment