Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Simple and Gourmet Mid Week Meal

Tonight, D cooked, and it was an amazing meal to come home to after a long work day. He worked today as well, but was off much earlier than me (the benefit of starting at the crack of dawn). This was his creation:


Cream sauce pasta with sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and onion topped with crispy pea shoots cooked in garlic and olive oil. On the side is roasted beets and sauteed beet greens with garlic and olive oil. It was to die for. The beets, asparagus, garlic, and pea shoots are all from the market and the mushrooms are local and organic. I have always eyed up beets, but never purchased them before. I am an official beet lover now! Roasting them made them sweet and buttery, and the greens were amazing! A great way to use the entire vegetable.





This entire post should be credited towards him, as he even took the time to take pictures for me while cooking, knowing I would want to post it on here. All of the pictures are his, except the top one. I am so thankful to have this great man in my life! Plus, the guy is a great cook. What more could I ask for?

I am sorry for my absence, school has begun with a bang once again and most of my time lately has been dedicated to reading the texts and working, along with night class. Hope all is well in your world.

Brenna

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That meal looks beautiful! Isn't it amazing how much satisfaction you can get from a meal. Last year I was delighted to have beetroot selfseed and it was just growing in our grass. I loved pulling dinner out of the grass!!!

    ReplyDelete