Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Cold and Grey Sunday

Outside it is cold and windy, the sky bloated with rain clouds that just won't break open. So what does that in combination with having the house all to myself mean? Well, baking, reading, and hiding inside of course! I haven't left the house all day, but I have been keeping warm in the kitchen, and making the whole house smell wonderful. Here are the fruits of my labour:

Pumpkin Banana Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
inspired by Oh She Glows

Pumpkin Pie

I was on a bit of a pumpkin kick, as you can see. D has been hinting for weeks now that he really wants pumpkin pie, but he "can't make the crust as well as I can". So, I thought I would surprise him today. He is working a ridiculously long shift today, so I am hoping to brighten his day with fresh pumpkin pie! The pumpkin I used is frozen from last summer, when we roasted a big organic one from the farmer's market and portioned it out. Yet another reason those three freezers are worth it! 

I will share my recipes for today on a later post. 

Now onto my other favourite hobby, reading! My first selections are what I consider inspirational, especially the newest addition to this collection, located on the bottom.


You cannot go wrong with a single recipe in these books! The first two are gifts from D, and the third I saw and nearly peed with excitement at Costco last week, for under $20! Drool...

And, now for my actual novel that I managed to finish today. The ending was incredibly moving, and almost brought me to tears, which is rare, but welcomed. Plus, the authour is Canadian, always a bonus. The descriptions of India were amazing, I could almost smell the spices and taste the food. I also loved how it illuminated the women of India, and described how they go about their daily lives. I would highly recommend this read:


And to finish off my nearly perfect day? Lots and lots of snuggles!


What did you do today?

Brenna




1 comment:

  1. That certainly sounds like my ideal day. I am waiting for winter to head over here so that there are lots of Sundays just like that. I hope you stayed in your pyjamas all day too. : )

    ReplyDelete